Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Español | Deutsche | Français | Italiano | Português

Software Review: Blogger For Word

For some time, I have been using the free Blogger For Word add-in to write, edit and publish posts to my blog from within Microsoft Word. Once I downloaded and installed the add-in, three buttons appeared on my Word toolbar.

* Publish button: creates and publishes a new post from the text in my document.
* Open Post button: enables me to edit my last 15 Blogger posts in Word.
* Save as Draft button: enables mr to keep a post unpublished; it will appear in my Blogger account, but not publicly on my blog.

Especially welcome is that now I can easily save copies of my posts in a folder on my desktop as they are created. This is handy in case of a crash in which my posts vanish. With this add-in, I can create posts for my blogs without opening my browser.

THe add-in requires Windows 2000 or better, and Microsoft Word 2000 or higher. You can log in with your existing Blogger user name and password or create one if you need to do so.

You can obtain Blogger for Word here. Read the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, then click the blue "Agree and Download" button.



Add this post to Del.icio.us or Furl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home